We help developers and business owners launch projects, create jobs, and fund their dream of building their communities through EB-5 investment. Our firm can advise on the advantages and disadvantages of the available options and work on the necessary contracts and paperwork.
As an EB-5 Regional Center, Golden Pacific facilitates direct investment in projects that meet the job creation and economic development goals in the State of Hawaii. GPV pools investments made by multiple EB-5 investors and deploy that capital to large-scale projects, often in coordination with regional economic development agencies. The EB-5 Program has become a reliable and vital source of capital for local economies – rural and urban. From FY2005-2014, it attracted over $9 billion in foreign direct investment, supporting over 181,000 American jobs— all at no cost to the taxpayer.
We are here to help Developers succeed in their projects with a wide variety of support, with excellent customer service.
- Economic Impact Report (EIR) – The EIR will include an EB-5 compliant analysis of the Project’s industrial and regional impacts on Job Creation, Household Earnings, Output, Trade Balances, Resource Conservation,etc. The EIR will be based on the RIMS II methodology and latest available RIMSII data from the US Department of Commerce. The EIR will be supported by aletter from an Economist with a Ph.D. in Economics confirming the EIR conforms with generally accepted methods for assessing economic impact. EB-5 Regional Centers are authorized by Section 203(b)(5) as amended by Section 610 of the Judiciary and Related Agencies Appropriations Act of 1993 (PL-102-395).
Targeted Employment Area – Our firm will obtain a letter from the your jurisdiction’s appropriate Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism confirming the project site is within an EB-5 Compliant Targeted Employment Area, thus reducing each EB-5 investor’s minimum investment amount to $500,000.
Regional Center Deal Structure – We will work with you to design and develop an EB-5 deal structure that will meet the needs of the Project, the EB-5 investors, and the USCIS.
- Offering documents – We will design, develop and write the following Offering Documents for the Project: Term Sheet, Private Placement Memorandum, Subscription Agreement, Promissory Note, Security Agreement,and Escrow Agreement. In addition, we will form as necessary for the Offering the appropriate companies for your jurisdiction: Developer, Limited Partnership, and Project Company, and prepare related formation documents (articles, bylaws, limited partnership agreement, or operating agreement), Management Agreement, and Federal employer identification number. An EB-5 Regional Center cannot directlyor indirectly guarantee any rate of return or even return of capital. In other words,the investor’s capital must be completely “at risk.”
- Regional Center Business Plans – The Regional Center Business Plan will pertain to the operations of a new Regional Center (not to a specific Project) and contain the following sections: Executive Summary, Business Opportunity,Product Market Analysis, Company Competitive Analysis, Sales and Marketing Plan, Operational Plan, Organizational Structure, and 5 years’ Financial Projections. A Regional Center Business Plan also includes sections on Geographical focus, Operations Plan, Management Team, Process Flow, and Investment Funds Flow. The EB-5 Regional Center plan should also detail how management intends to undertake Investor Assessment (‘due diligence’), Administration and Reporting, and its Direction & Management capabilities.Regional Centers are expected to review each potential investor, to reduce thechance that investment funds come from an illegal source. An approved EB-5 Regional Center is required to file annual reports with the Citizenship and Immigration Service on Form I-924A
- Regional Center Marketing Materials – Regional Center Marketing Materials are key to successful Regional Center designation. These marketin gmaterials will include EB-5 compliant Marketing Budget, Marketing Roll-Out Plan,Marketing Associate Agreement, Potential Investor Questionnaire, B-1 Visa Invitation Letter template, content for English language website, including sections on: Home Page, About Us, Immigration Process, Program Advantages,FAQs, Eligibility, Contact Us, and Resources
- Filings and Compliance – Our attorneys will review your contracts and documents, make necessary filings, and advise on compliance issues for your project.
Golden Pacific Ventures has years of immigration EB-5 investment experience. This site is an introduction to the capabilities of our team. Please contact us for more information on how EB-5 funding can help your project in Hawaii.
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Please note, this statute is implemented with regulations found at 8 CFR 204.6(m), as interpreted in various Advisory Opinions, Administrative Decisions, and Operating Instructions issued since 1993. As used on this site, the term “EB–5 Compliant” means compliant with these sources of law. And also be aware that Lipman & Wolf LLP cannot provide any investment advice concerning the viability of any proposed investment or Project. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.